Ceremony & Reception
The Chateau at The Ridge is a French inspired facility designed to create unforgettable memories.
floor plan and services
- Ceremony and Reception The Knoll (where ceremony takes place) and The Ridge Chateau , available for 5 hours. Additional hours available upon request.
- Reception Only: The Ridge Chateau available for 4 hours (additional hours available upon request)
- Capacity of The Ridge Chateau:
- Up to 175 seated tables of 8 or 10 guest per table
- Available for ceremony and or reception
- Available for reception only
- Available for Ceremony Only
- Rehearsal dinners
- Any other private event
- Curfew 10:00 P.M
- EFFECTIVE 2019: Ceremony only, will ONLY be available on Sundays and during the week. Use of the facility for 3 hours. Other optional services available upon request. .
Ceremony at The Knoll Details
- The Ceremony will take place at The Knoll located behind The Residence
- Size of space 5000.00 sq feet
- Can accommodate up to 225 guest (ceremony space only)
- Ceremony Rehearsal available upon availability
- Cost of ceremony includes set up, break down
- Chiavari chairs
- Rain Plans:
- Rent a tent. Please see rent details.
- The Ridge has some décor items available for rent. Please see list under rental department.
Services provided by The ridge
- Set up and break down of entire event
- Parking for 85 cars
- Use of Bridal suite & Groomsman cave.
- Tables set for guest count
- Chairs set for guest count
- Heating & Air Controlled reception
- Complete Decor Package
- Golf Cart Transportation
- Assembly Kitchen for caterer : (warmers, fridge & freezer, dishwasher, triple-bay sink and fixtures, prep tables and direct door entrance from outside. )
- All china flatware and glassware needed for caterer. Reservation for serving items needs to be finalized 3 weeks prior to event
- Tent rental services available upon request additional charges will apply.
- Transportation services - pricing TBD on guest count and specifics.
- Staffing: this fee depends on bar services requested and provided by The Ridge only. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the property from outside sources.
- Bar services: All bar and beverages services are provided by The Ridge , transportation services are required if alcohol is being served.
- Décor rentals (ask your Event Specialist for more information)
- In house wedding planning services (www.theplanningasheville.com) A Professional event planner is required.
- Additional event time $500.00 per hour plus staff, bar services, tax and gratuity
- Bridal room to do hair and makeup from 9:00 a.m. until conclusion of event. (available upon request) please see below for details.
- Breakfast and Lunch available upon request provided by The Ridge. Please request for information on Menus.
Tables, Linens & More
The Ridge Chateau can provide all items essential for your event.
- Dinner tables provided are 5ft X 5ft (max 10 per table) , Cocktail and Bistro tables are square 28in X 28in and round 60" dinner tables.
- Chairs provided.
- The Ridge also provides all china (square white plates), glassware and flatware needed.
- The Ridge linens are white lap length.
- Upgrades available upon request (additional charges apply).
- The Ridge has a surround sound system with iPod connection. All Audio & Video needs are available upon request (additional charges apply).
- In house décor is required with the rental of the facility.
- Additional decor provided by the host must be placed by either the host or someone acting on behalf of the host (i.e. family member, friend, event planner).
- All specialty item rentals have to go through The Ridge.
For any other needs, we are happy to rent any requested item for you
If a 4 hour package is selected but the function lasts longer than the allotted bar time, arrangements must be made in advance for continuing bar services. Please inquire with The Ridge for options.
Signature/specialty drinks, coffee, prosecco, and iced tea are not part of bar packages, but are available.
The Ridge promotes responsible drinking. We reserve the right to refuse the service of alcohol or ask an individual to vacate the building.
- The last call for alcohol will be at 9:50 P.M. All alcoholic beverages will be removed from tables and guests by 10:00 P.M..
- The Ridge will serve only one (1) drink per person, per visit to the bar. This is North Carolina state law.
- Set up fee for additional bar stations, recommended for above 150 guest count.
- Valid I.D. MUST be presented to the bartenders for alcoholic beverages.
- No cash bar services are Available at Clos The Ridge
Please see the 2019 Bar Package Document for Bar Specificsr
- Flower décor needs to be removed by florist after the event is over.
- A $250.00 clean up fee will apply if flowers are not picked up by florist after event.
- A professional event planner is required thru The Planning Asheville or an event planner of your choice. The Event planner cannot be a guest of the event.
- Transportation services for all guests are required if alcohol is being served
- If a tent is not reserved for your ceremony and it rains there is a $6.00 wet fee per chair.
- All alcohol must be purchased through The Ridge, if alcohol is brought in from anyone else The Ridge staff will have to take it until the end of the event.
- The Ridge is closed on Sundays, unless another event is being held. If an item is left on Saturday night The Ridge will have to ship the items to owners at the owners cost plus 20%.
- Any damages made to furniture/cosmetics of the building are all subject to additional charge.
- Pets are NOT permitted inside the residence at any given point. Breaking this rule, it will be an automatic Pet fee of $250.00. No exceptions.
- Pets are permitted ONLY on the outside of the property.
- A pet fee will NOT apply as long as they are maintained outside of the residence.
- 10% vendor fee on caterer (final caterer bill will be sent to The Ridge and 10% of this total will be applied to The Ridge proposal )
Vendors Not provided by The Ridge
- Staffing for catering services. Normally arranged by caterer
- DJ or band
- Ceremony Music
- Photographer and or videographer.
- Any specialty rental items need to be arrange thru The Ridge event manager.
- Please request info after booking
- Please request our upgrade package list
- We accept Cash, Venmo, Check, Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
- We do not accept American Express.
- A 3% fee will apply on all Credit and Debit card transactions.
- 50% down payment is required upon proposal acceptance.
- An open credit card is necessary for the use of the Host Bar Services.
- The Per Person bar (4-hour package) or Consumption Bar deposit will be part of your estimate/proposal and must be pre-paid.
- We do not hold dates without a deposit.
- Non-refundable Deposit.
- The balance owed on the event is due 2 weeks prior to event.
- A late fee will apply to all menu items that didn't meet the turn in deadline.
- Final payment is due to The Venue two (2) weeks after the final event invoice has been sent. Late payments will be subject to a 3.5% finance charge for every month the payment is late.
- Amend estimate to better reflect the direction your party is configured.
- Contact a member of The Planning to inquire about any assistance we can provide.
- Contract signed & deposit due (50% of proposal).
- Schedule a logistical meeting to go over event details and floor plans.
- Adjust details as needed as details are firmed up.
- 3 weeks prior to event, touch base to cover any last minute details.
- Final guest count, bar arrangements are due.
- 2 weeks prior to event, balance owed on the event is due.
- Day of, relax and have one of the best days of your life!